Happy Holidays! As 2017 draws to a close and the New Year approaches, many boards of directors are refocusing on the mission and future of the associations they serve.
It’s natural at this time for our minds to focus on year-end finances as well as budgets and meeting schedules for the upcoming year. While these tasks are of great importance to your association’s success we want to remind you to take a more holistic approach to your year-end checklist.
To assist you in this task, we’ve created the Essential Association New Year Operations and Compliance Checklist. This comprehensive list is a great guidepost to help you achieve a real-time assessment of where your association is today and help you plan for success in 2018.
Past Year Review, Reporting and Compliance
- Review mission statement
- Manage tax filings
- Schedule financial audit/review/compilation
- Review/update policies
- Review/update bylaws
- Review insurance policies
- Review annual contracts
- Review/update website
Upcoming Year Planning
- Create/update annual calendar of meetings, events, deadlines and programs
- Schedule strategic planning
- Create/update legislative policy agenda
- Create/update communications, technology and other operational plans
- Review/create crisis management and contingency plans
- Review/create leadership succession plans
- Review and schedule dues billing
- Schedule and provide notice of board orientation
- Schedule and provide notice of new member orientation
If you are seeking and experienced partner to ensure your association is in top form for 2018, Management HQ is here to help. Contact us at 612.213.2300 today to get started.