Who We Are
Become a member of Management HQ’s Executive Team.
Join the Management HQ team and help transform membership associations and communities. Our innovative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment offers unlimited opportunities for learning, growth and collaboration. Our collaborative culture gives the right person the opportunity to significantly impact the collaborative work of associations and their members in our communities.
Management HQ exists to serve associations that are determined to thrive. Team members uphold our core values:
Compassion: We believe in the absolute value of human kindness.
Openness: We’re only as strong as we are different. Diversity is sound strategy.
Service: Work is worth doing when it helps others thrive.
Integrity: We do our best, we honor our principles, and we’re true to our word.
Our collaborative work space exemplifies the collaborative values and practices of Management HQ, our clients, and our team.
For More Information visit: www.management-hq.com.
Position Title: Membership and Events Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Position Goal: To serve Management HQ association clients, their members, and all other stakeholders, with unrivaled excellence.
- Three+ years of client services experience.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically coordinate events.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Proven membership / revenue growth experience.
- Disciplined entrepreneurial with a “servant-leader” attitude.
- Association experience preferred.
Reporting: The Management HQ Membership and Events Coordinator reports to the President.
Posting Date: September 2017
About the Position
Guided by MHQ’s values, the Membership and Events Coordinator will be responsible for serving association clients through stellar strategic events coordination, and expert membership development and retention.
- Serve MHQ client associations, their members, and their prospective members
- Support client membership recruitment and retention goals
- Support client boards of directors and volunteer committees
- Coordinate and attend some evening and weekend client events
- Coordinate and support client marketing communications efforts
- Understand and consistently meet or exceed MHQ and client deadlines
- Other duties, as assigned
Membership Development and Retention
- Proactive membership and sponsor recruitment
- Responsively handle member and sponsor inquiries
- Attend member events
- Manage member records and database(s)
Board and Committee Support
- Board and committee meeting attendance, as contracted
- Coordinate and distribute materials for meetings
- Take meeting minutes, if appropriate
- Facility coordination
- Post-event follow-up
Event Coordination / Management
- Support events manager in management, coordination, marketing communications, administration and operations of conferences and events
- Attend and serve client members at events
- Use events as opportunity to connect and network with members
- Support communications planning, including social media strategy development and implementation
- Set-up and management of client editorial calendars
- Distribute and develop printed newsletters and electronic newsletters
- Manage and update web site content using client-directed Association Management System software (example: YourMembership.com)
- Experience with or ability to quickly learn broadcast e-mail software systems (examples: Constant Contact, Mail Chimp)
Client Transition and Start-Up
- Support and implement new client transition and start-up procedures
- Support new client systems set-up
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to continuous improvement and organizational health of MHQ clients
- An ambassador for MHQ and clients in the community
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within and between individuals and organizations
- Ability to inspire, motivate and secure buy-in from diverse stakeholders, through articulating a clear vision and position
- Ability to strategically advance the mission and sustainability of MHQ clients
- Highly professional demeanor with a growth mindset
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and depends on qualifications, and includes participation in the MHQ benefits package, a unique collaborative work environment, and professional growth opportunities. Transportation reimbursement, health insurance benefits, cell phone reimbursement, and professional growth allotment included.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your e-mail Membership and Events Coordinator Search – MHQ.” This position will be posted until filled.